0. General Provisions
DOOR (hereinafter the “Service”) is a platform capable of
providing real-time communications in a 3D space that can be used
on desktop computers, laptop computers, mobile devices, and other
devices connected to the internet.
Content browsing, preparation of 3D avatars and 3D spaces, messaging, and other functions are available on the Service.
(1) “Content” refers to letters and characters, symbols, writing, sounds, music, images, videos, software, programs, codes, and other information.
(2) “The Content” refers to content that can be accessed through the Service.
(3) “Posted Content” refers to content that the Customer provided to NTT through the Service regardless of whether the content was provided through posting, registration, sending, reception, uploading, or any other means.
(4) “Posting, etc.” is a general term referring to the provision of Posted Content by the Customer via the Service through posting, registration, sending, uploading, or any other means.
(5) “Sending/Receiving” refers to the Posting, etc., and/or reception of Posted Content by the Customer.
(6) “Message Function” refers to the function of communicating a message (voice message or text message) by the Customer using the Service with NTT and other Customers using Service.
(7) “Business Partner, etc.” refers to a business is in a partnership with NTT or a business to which NTT outsources operations.
(8) “Intellectual Property Rights, etc.” is a general term referring to patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights, copyrights, portrait rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, and other such rights.
(9) “User Information” refers to the following information items and is a general term indicating those information items: Information on communication device or connected device (terminal) (e.g., model name, serial number, etc.); history of Service usage (e.g., status of Service use, information acquired incidentally to Service use, voice data, etc.); terminal location information; and history information (including click history and display history) acquired when accessing an NTT website, etc., (including advertisements), such as cookie information, search keywords, web beacons, etc.
(10) “ID” refers to the Customer’s email address that the Customer entered into the input form when preparing and using a 3D avatar and/or 3D space. Although NTT will collect and use said email in a hashed form after its entry into the input form, the email address will be destroyed at the time of hashing.
2. Using the Service
2. Using the Service
3. Use by Minors
A Customer who is a minor shall obtain the consent of his or her parent or guardian prior to using the Service.
3. Management of ID and Devices
The Customer must take responsibility for managing his or her ID and devices when using the Service. When the Customer’s ID or device are used, it shall be considered that the Customer is using the Service personally and the Customer shall bear all responsibility accordingly, except when reasons attributable to NTT arise.
4. Usage Fees
5. Commercial Use
When the Customer uses the Service for commercial purposes, such as using the Service to conduct a business transaction using the 3D space, the Customer shall use the NTT-designated form below to report the subject, details, period, and other matters concerning the transaction that are requested by NTT and obtain NTT’s approval. Report form:https://group.ntt/jp/contact/door/
6. Handling of Personal Information, etc.
NTT shall handle the email address and other personal information of the Customer for such purposes as providing the Service, responding to inquiries, and improving the Service. NTT’s policy for said handling of information shall be as specified in Customer Personal Information Protection Policy(https://www.ntt.co.jp/kojinjo/okyaku.html).
7. Use of the Content
The Customer may not transfer or sublicense the Content, and may exercise non-exclusive usage rights only for the sole purpose of using the Content in the Service.
8. Handling of Posted Content
When the handling of Posted Content takes place with relation to
the Service, it shall be in accordance with the following
(1) Permission for NTT to Use Posted Content
Copyrights relating to Posted Content shall belong to the Customer who Posted, etc., the Content. The Customer shall grant to NTT the right to use Posted Content without charge, permanently, and non-exclusively, regardless of whether said use is in Japan or abroad, so that NTT can operate its services, and the Customer shall also grant to NTT the right to license Posted Content to a Business Partner, etc., within the scope of conditions that are approved by the Customer. NTT shall post and display Posted Content in an arrangement and form designated by NTT and in accordance with NTT’s specified specifications, conditions, etc. The Customer shall not exercise author’s personal rights concerning Posted Content. In the event that the Customer will transfer the copyright for Posted Content to a third party, the Customer shall ensure that the transferee complies with the conditions specified in this clause. Additionally, in the event that the Posted Content is undisclosed, NTT shall be permitted to view the particulars of said Posted Content as necessary for the proper operation of the Service.(2)当社等による投稿コンテンツの削除当社は、投稿コンテンツが違法またはその恐れがあると合理的に判断した場合、お客様に通知することなくこれを削除できるものとします。
(2) Deletion of Posted Content by NTT, etc.
NTT may delete Posted Content without notifying the Customer when it deems that the Posted Content is illegal or may be illegal.
(3) Backup of Posted Content
The backing up of Posted Content shall be the responsibility of the Customer. NTT shall not be obligated to back up Posted Content.
(4) Modification of Posted Content by the Customer
Changes or deletions of Posted Content by the Customer within the Service when the Customer can change or delete Posted Content shall be performed only by using the ID that the Customer used at the time of the Posted Comment’s Sending/Receiving.
(5) Disclosure of Posted Content to Third Parties
Even if it is undisclosed, Posted Content may be disclosed if a demand for disclosure is issued by a court of law, administrative agency, or other public authority.
9. Message Function
1. The Customer may use the Message Function of the Service in
accordance with the methods specified by NTT.
2. Voice messages shall be deleted after Sending/Receiving to devices through the Message Function and shall not be stored by NTT.
3. Text messages shall become hidden after the passage of a set period of time following their display on devices through the Message Function.
10. Posting/Sending Advertisements
NTT may post or send advertisements to the Customer in the Service by posting on websites, etc., for the purpose of advertising or publicizing NTT or third parties, and the Customer consents to this in advance.
1. NTT makes no guarantees in any way with respect to quality,
content, and status of provision as they pertain to the Service,
applications provided on the Service, and the Content and Posted
Content, including but not limited to authenticity; accuracy;
preciseness; legality; safety; completeness; title and
non-infringement; suitability for the Customer’s specific purpose
of use; that no discontinuation of the Service will occur; that no
malfunction will occur; that the Service will be available at all
times; that no termination of the service will occur; that no
security-related deficiency will occur; and that no errors, bugs,
and infringements of third-party rights will occur.
2. NTT makes no guarantees in any way that the Customer will not be subjected to a computer virus or external cyberattack, etc.
3. NTT makes no guarantees in any way that information sent or received through the Service will not be leaked, lost, or manipulated.
12. Liability for Compensation of NTT
Except in cases of a default on a debt or an illegal act that is based on an intentional act or gross negligence by NTT, NTT shall bear liability for compensation that is limited to actual, direct, and ordinary damages on the Customer that relate to the provision of the Service (excluding special damage, lost profits, data corruption or loss, and lost opportunity to use data, regardless of foreseeability).
13. Responsibilities of the Customer
1. Preparation of Terminal/Device Necessary to Use the Service
The Customer shall bear responsibility for preparing a terminal/device necessary to use the Service and paying its communication fees.
2. Disputes, etc., between the Customer and Third Parties
In the event that, in using the Service, a dispute, etc., with a third party arises for a reason that is not attributable to NTT, the Customer shall resolve the dispute, etc., at the Customer’s responsibility and expenditure. NTT shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for resolving the dispute, etc.
14. Prohibited Acts
The Customer must not engage in an act that falls or may fall
under any of the following in relation to the Service.
(1) An act that violates the law or public order and morals, or any other act that violates rules that are generally observed on the internet.
(2) An act that causes disadvantage, inconvenience, discomfort, or damage to NTT or a third party.
(3) An act that re-provides the Service to a third party without the permission of NTT, regardless of whether it is done for a fee or free of charge.
(4) An act that slanders or dishonors NTT or a third party or that damages the honor, trust, privacy, and other moral interests of NTT or a third party, or an act that infringes upon human rights or endorses, invites, cooperates with, encourages, or incites infringement on human rights.
(5) An act that infringes upon the Intellectual Property Rights, etc., of NTT or a third party.
(6) Killing, terrorism, abuse, injury, assault, intimidation, theft, robbery, obscenity, or other criminal act, or an act corresponding to suicide, self-injury, delinquency, running away from home, etc., or that endorses, invites, cooperates with, encourages, or incites such an act.
(7) An act that falsely presents oneself as a corporation or individual; an act that provides false or misleading information; an act that attempts to mislead others into thinking that the product, service, etc., of a particular business, etc., is superior; or an act that slanders or criticizes for the purpose of degrading trust in the product, service, etc., of a particular business, etc.
(8) An act that violates the Public Offices Election Act (Act No. 100 of 1950).
(9) An act corresponding to an anti-social force (refers to a gang, company affiliated with a gang, corporate extortionist, racketeer disguising itself as a social activist, or other group or individual that pursues economic benefits by using violence, force, or fraudulent methods or a person equivalent to said group or individual; hereinafter the same); criminal syndicate; illegal gambling, illegal drugs (including the abuse or inappropriate use of recreational drugs, medicines, etc. or the equivalent); pyramid scheme; multi-level marketing; illegal business; fraud; forgery of official documents; manufacture or trade in illegal weapons, arms, explosives, hazardous materials, etc., including firearms, handguns, and bombs); or the preparation, trade, etc. of other illegal goods, information, etc., or an act that endorses, solicits, gives favors to, cooperates with, encourages, or incites such an act.
(10) An act for the purpose of associating with, meeting, or having sexual relations with persons of the opposite or same sex, or an act corresponding to getting, sending, or receiving personal information for unhealthy purposes; adult entertainment; prostitution; indecency; adult or pornographic content; child pornography; child abuse; animal abuse; or cruel content, or an act that endorses, solicits, gives favors to, cooperates with, encourages, or incites such an act.
(11) An act of wrongfully accessing, cracking attacking, jamming, or intercepting with respect to a computer, website, telecommunications facility, etc., operated by NTT or a third party, or an act that uses the Service in a method or manner that impedes a computer, website, telecommunication facility, etc., operated by NTT or a third party or an act that posts information, etc., encouraging such acts.
(12) An act of wrongfully using or stealing an ID or password, or an act of using the Service by impersonating another.
(13) An act of gathering, duplicating, altering, or deleting the information of a third party that can be accessed from the Service in excess of the manner of use anticipated by the Service.
(14) An act of providing a computer program, such as a computer virus or file-sharing program, that interferes with or causes damage to a third-party’s operations.
(15) An act done to manipulate the order of displayed results of a search engine, search tool, etc. (this refers, but is not limited to, an act of creating multiple accounts and posting the identical or similar articles multiple times with or without the use of software tools, etc., or an act of using a created account to guide users by posting content, etc., and posting links to other websites, other accounts, other Posted Content, etc.).
(16) An act of sending, posting, etc., message content by e-mail, etc., that will cause unpleasant feelings by the receiver (this includes, but is not limited to, specified email and unsolicited email).
(17) An act of wrongfully surveying, gathering, using, disclosing, or providing personal information or privacy information without the clear consent of the information’s owner.
(18) An act that imposes an excessive burden on or interferes with the Service’s operation.
(19) An act of disintegrating, disassembling, decompiling, or reverse engineering a program or application included in the Service, or an act of deciphering a source code by any other method.
(20) An act of using the Service for a purpose that differs from the Service’s purpose of use, or an act of using the Content in excess of the manner of use anticipated by the Service (including such acts as duplicating, sending, posting, and alteration).
(21) Any other act that NTT deems reasonably inappropriate.
15. Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations, etc.
16. Suspension of the Service
1. NTT may suspend its provision of the Service, either entirely
or partially, when it deems that any of the following applies:
(1) When continuing to provide the Service becomes difficult due to earthquake, fire, lightning strike, flood, tsunami, snow damage, or other natural disaster; power outage, reduced power supply, unavoidable accident, legislation, administrative guidance, administrative disciplinary action, court order, war, terrorism, internal disturbance, insurgency, epidemic, or other event whose cause is beyond the control of NTT.
(2) When maintenance, construction, etc., must be carried out on a facility, device, system, program, etc., that is necessary for the Service or for provision of the Service.
(3) When a failure, malfunction, etc., occurs in a facility, device, system, program, etc., that is necessary for the Service or for provision of the Service.
(4) When any other instance for which NTT deems that it must suspend its provision of the Service, either entirely or partially, occurs.
17. Termination of the Service
1. Termination of the Customer’s Use of Service
NTT may terminate the Service without notifying the Customer when any of the following applies or when it makes a rational decision that any of the following items may apply:
(2) When the Customer’s ID is invalid
(3) When it is determined that the Customer is, or was, a member of an anti-social force or is, or was, a person associated with a member of an anti-social force
(4) When the Customer’s use interferes with the Service’s operation by NTT or a Business Partner, etc., or when it hinders the services or operations of NTT or a Business Partner, etc.
(5) When it is determined that the Customer is deceased or the Customer’s company no longer exists
(6) When the Customer has not logged in using his/her ID after a continuous period of six months
(7) When the Customer has terminated the Service
(8) When it is determined that registration information, etc., for the Service contains a deficiency, defect, or falsehood
(10) When it is determined that the Customer is a minor but has not obtained the consent of his/her parent or guardian
(11) When NTT otherwise makes the rational decision that the Customer’s use of the Service is improper
2. Cancellation of Contract by the Customer
In the event that the Customer intends to cancel the Contract, the Customer must report this to NTT and obtain NTT’s consent.
3. Termination of the Service by NTT
18. Handling of Matters after the Termination, etc., of the Service or Contract
1. Handling of Information
Unless otherwise specified, NTT may either delete or continue to use or store Posted Content and User Information pertaining to the Customer after the termination of the Service or termination of the Contract (regardless of the reason for the termination in either case). Additionally, NTT shall not have any obligation with respect to the aforementioned deletion, use, or storage.
2. Reflection on Systems
For reasons attributable to systems related to the Service, an amount of time to be prescribed by NTT may be required between the completion of the procedure for terminating use/terminating the Service or for ending the Contract (regardless for the reason for the termination in either case) and the time that said procedure is reflected on the systems.
(1) When it is compatible with the general interests of the Customer
(2) When it does not violate the purpose of the contract and is rational in light of the necessity of amendment, appropriateness of post-amendment details, and other circumstances relating to the amendment
2. Amendments concerning the Service
3. Changes to Programs, Applications, etc.
20. Transfer of Business, etc.
21. General Clauses
1. Customer Inquiries
The Customer shall make inquiries to NTT using the following link.。
2. Notifications from NTT
3. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
4. Application of Limitations